How long do candy apples last in the fridge? Candy apples are made with whole apples and sugar candy and stick prepared by covering the whole apple with sugar candy and placing a stick on them as a handle.
They can also be known as toffee apples in other countries.
Thinking of making candy for fall and you thought about candy apples but you have no idea how possibly long they will last?
Were you newly introduced to it but were not told anything about its storage
And for how long it will last, now you’re thinking of throwing them all out since you lack storage idea?
In this article, different methods of storage are been compiled to help you increase their shelf life
Starting from how long do candy apples last in the fridge, counter, and freezer? How to know if it is not good and how to store candy apples.
Read carefully and do not skip a line.
Now, how long do candy apples last in the fridge?
Candy apples last in the fridge for 1 to 2 weeks, before going bad if you keep them properly in the right conditions necessary in the refrigerator.
I can describe the shelf life of this candy as a smart one. If you want more reasons for this, drop a comment.
How Long Do Candy Apples Last In The Freezer?
Candy apples keep fresh, last, and maintain quality in the freezer for 1 to 2 months, before going bad if you keep them properly in the right conditions necessary in the freezer.
The freezer is the best place to store them because it gives them longer storage and shelf life making them fit and good for use.
- How long does focaccia last in the fridge, freezer, and at room temperature?
- Does papaya salad go bad in the fridge, pantry, and freezer?
- How long does smoked paprika last in the fridge, freezer, and at room temperature?
How Long Do Candy Apples Last At Room Temperature?
Candy apples keep fresh and last on the counter for 1 to 3 days, before going bad if you keep them properly in the right conditions necessary at room temperature.
Toffee apples don’t have a longer shelf life especially because of the stick attached to them
Except it’s covered with chocolate or other forms of toppings as fillers to keep them for a long time
And also give them a different and sweet taste.
Are you tired of taking lollipops and wanting to try a new idea?
Then this candy should come to play in mind and when having leftovers store them properly.
If you think storage on the counter is short-term or you don’t like it, then you can transfer it to the fridge or freezer for a longer stay.
- How long does kale salad last in the fridge, freezer, and at room temperature?
- Can bread pudding go bad in the fridge, freezer, and at room temperature?
- How long does birthday cake last in the fridge, freezer, and at room temperature?
How Long Do Candy Apples Take To Harden?
Candy apples can take 20 to 50 minutes for them to harden. For them to get hard depends on the temperature and humidity of that environment.
Low temperature and low humidity slow the rate of hardening making it take time and not having the shape or texture they require.
The best temperature should be in the range of 146 to 154°C to get a better-hard toffee.
How Do You Know If Candy Apples Are Bad?
It’s no news again that they don’t have a long shelf life,
However, when not properly stored they go bad quickly making them not fit for eating or use.
When you happen to prepare this at home and want to store it for a longer time
It’s always nice to check if they have gone bad or are still good.
Here are some signs and ways to help you know if they have unfit for consumption or still good for eating;
The Appearance Can Tell
Firstly, search properly and look for any form of discoloration or any appearance of mold on them.
When they happen to have discoloration or signs of mold on them, they have gone bad.
Toss them immediately.
Also, check for the presence of insects
Since they are made of sweet toppings there is every possibility that they will have some insects,
If you find any, toss it.
The Texture Of Candy Apples
You need to feel them and when the texture is replaced with extremely soft or slimy, or soggy nature
Discard them as soon as possible.
What Do They Smell Like?
Another sign to know if they are unfit to consume is to have a smell of them which we all know that it comes with nice flavors.
If they have a fermenting or rancid smell, toss them immediately.
The Taste Of Candy Apples
The taste is out of this world.
If the taste is unwanted then who will not love it anymore.
Take a little bit for taste.
If it tastes bad or has an off flavor, discard it as soon as possible.
Whenever they have been sitting for too long in the fridge, freezer, or on the counter,
They probably must have gone bad, give the signs above a try, and when you find out they are not good anymore,
Discard all immediately.
- How long does broccoli salad last in the fridge, freezer, and at room temperature?
- Can chickpeas salad go bad in the fridge, freezer, and at room temperature?
How Do You Keep Candy Apples Fresh?
Keeping them fresh isn’t a big or hard deal they are easy and clear methods to get longer storage.
Here are some ways to store them in the right condition to increase their stay and keep them fresh on the counter, fridge, and freezer;
Storage On The Counter
You have to be conscious of the materials used in preparing and storing to avoid getting dust or microbes in them,
- Confirm all materials used must be clean and dry.
- Avoid storing them in a place of high moisture and a place where direct sunlight can penetrate.
- Always keep them in a cool and dry place to keep them fresh.
- Store them in the cabinet and not on the stove or dishwasher or close to the window to give them that freshness they deserve.
- Place them in an airtight container and store them in the fridge.
- You can also wrap them in cellophane to avoid moisture getting in contact with them and store them up in the fridge.
- Store them in a paper towel and place them in the fridge, this will keep them fresh than on the counter.
Freezing Candy Apples
- Plaster up the place around the stick with chocolate or filler and store them in the freezer to preserve and keep them fresh.
- Place them in wax paper and store them up in the freezer.
- You can also store them in a ziplock bag and place them in a covered container and store them in the freezer.
- Reserve them in foil or plastic wrap and place them in the freezer and leave for longer storage.
They originated from the United States in 1906 and since then have been available and ready for consumption.
Making foodstuffs last longer is what we do here and with the tips above, you can be able to store your candy apples
Which means that we have answered the question of ” how long do candy apples last in the fridge? ”