How long do roasted chickpeas last in the fridge? They originates from the Mediterranean and middle east more than 5000 years ago.
They have this sweet-salty flavor that is easy to prepare and delicious to leave.
Roasted chickpeas are also known as garbanzo beans, Indian peas, Ceci beans, or Bengal grams, etc.
Do you have much harvest of chickpeas and want to roast them but you have no idea where and how to store them to make them last longer?
Were you told by everyone to throw them out because they won’t last long?
Why will you throw out this useful ingredient because of storage problems and why are you still have storage problems when this article is here for you?
In this post, various methods of storage have been compiled together to increase the shelf life and help you have them for long
Starting from how long do roasted chickpeas last in the fridge, freezer, and counter? How to tell if they’re bad and How to make them last longer.
Plus more intriguing hacks you wouldn’t want to let go of.
Read up, do not skip a line in this exciting drive, and don’t forget to leave a comment on the comment box.
Now, how long do roasted chickpeas last in the fridge?
Roasted chickpeas last and keep fresh in the fridge for 1 to 2 months before going bad if you store it properly in the right conditions necessary in the refrigerator.
Since they have been roasted(which is one way of storage itself) they have the tendency to last long in the fridge.
How Long Do Roasted Chickpeas Last In The Freezer?
Garbanzo beans known as roasted chickpeas maintain quality and increase their shelf life in the freezer for 3 to 6 months, before going bad suppose you keep them properly in the right conditions necessary.
The freezer preserves and gives them a long stay.
When you are a lover but lack storage or you hate going shopping every time just to get it,
Then you should probably buy them in bulk and store them up in the freezer.
They are freezer friendly and won’t allow you have stress or worries when storing them up in there.
- How long does sugar water last in the fridge, freezer, and at room temperature?
- Do candy apples go bad in the fridge, freezer, and at room temperature?
- How long does cilantro sauce last in the fridge, freezer, and at room temperature?
How Long Do Roasted Chickpeas Last At Room Temperature(On The Counter)?
Roasted Indian peas last and keep fresh on the counter for 1 to 2 weeks, before going bad if you keep them properly in the right conditions necessary at room temperature.
Two weeks of storage is such a long time that you can use them before they go bad.
When they season with the source it makes them a healthy snack you would not like to miss having at home.
Roast Indian peas have many uses and that’s the one reason why storage is needed.
You can use them as topping in salad and also as an ingredient in soup or stew preparation.
In most cases, they are used in pizza to give it a different taste.
The counter makes them visible for use before going bad.
If you don’t want to forget them in their place of storage or you want a fresher one then the counter is the best place for that storage.
However, if you love storing them on the counter but you think their shelf life isn’t long with storage there and you need longer storage
Then take them to the fridge or freezer and get the longer storage or shelf life you desire.
- How long does Christmas pudding last in the fridge, freezer, and on the counter?
- Can tahini sauce go bad in the fridge, freezer, and at room temperature?
- How long does watermelon salad last in the fridge, freezer, and on the counter?
How To Soak Chickpeas Overnight
Firstly, you need to get ready the materials to use for soaking.
- You need water, a bowl, chickpeas, salt, clean towel.
- Take a big bowl and turn the Ceci beans into them,
- Add salt to taste, and then fill them with cold water to increase their size(the water cause expansion on them)
- Cover with a lid or clean towel for 8 to 10 hours and it’s ready.
Do you need it for roasting the next day?
Thinking if you can soak them ahead of time? You can just soak them whenever you like and store them up.
How Long Do Soaked Chickpeas Last?
Soaked chickpeas last on the counter for 10 to 12 hours, in the fridge for 1 to 3 days, and in the freezer for 1 to 2 weeks before going bad if you keep them properly in the right conditions necessary.
The only reason they last longer in the freezer is that the freezer freezes up the water
And thereby getting them frozen and lasting long.
- How long does quinoa salad last in the fridge, freezer, and at room temperature?
- Can Cucumber salad last in the fridge, freezer, and at room temperature?
How To Store Chickpeas After Soaking?
Here’s how to store chickpeas after soaking;
After soaking for 8 to 10 hours it must have softened, the best thing to do next is to filter the water out thoroughly
And then keep on the counter to dry or par them with a paper towel and leave for air dry.
Store them in the fridge or freezer for longer storage and to avoid them going bad.
How Long Do Cooked Chickpeas Last?
Cooked chickpeas last on the counter for 6 to 12 hours after preparation, in the fridge for 3 to 5 days, and in the freezer for 2 to 3 weeks before going bad if you store them properly in the right conditions necessary.
Since they are cooked, they rarely have a long shelf life.
So, when having cooked Ceci beans and you need longer storage transfer them to the freezer and they will do well there.
How To Soften Roasted Chickpeas?
Before roasting, ensure to soak them first because soaking makes them soft and digestible. But if you happen not to soak them before roasting, you can microwave and then enjoy.
How To Tell If Roasted Chickpeas Are Bad?
Just like others, even when roasted, they still go bad due to improper storage or leave them without shielding them.
Here are some ways and tips to help you identify if they’re not good to eat or too bad to toss;
What Do They Look Like?
The appearance matters a lot.
Check for any form of discoloration or the appearance of mold on them, also check for the presence of insects.
When they have any of these signs, toss them immediately.
The Smell Of Roasted Chickpeas
Smell them and when they smell rancid or have a bad smell, toss them immediately.
Can You Feel It?
Feel the texture, when it feels mushy, slimy, soggy, or stale it means the trash can is calling for its own.
The Taste Of Roasted Chickpeas
Take a little bite and when it tastes sour bitter it is bad.
Toss them as soon as possible.
Whenever they have been sitting for too long in storage in the fridge, freezer, or counter, they probably have gone bad.
Use the methods above to check, and if they’re bad throw them out but if they are still good, continue to store.
Avoid unhealthy foods at all costs.
How Do You Store Leftover Roasted Chickpeas?
Storing increases their shelf life and increased shelf-life makes it available for use every time.
Here are some ways to preserve their shelf life on the counter, fridge, or freezer.
Storage on the counter/pantry
- Make sure they are properly roasted before storing.
- Keep them away from direct sunlight and high moisture(contact with moisture make them go bad quickly).
- Store them in Tupperware with a lid to prevent insects from getting into them.
- Keep them in a cool and dry area of the cabinet or pantry.
Refrigerating Roasted Chickpeas
- Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge.
- Tie them up in cellophane to avoid getting moisture
- Never store them close to another foodstuff with high moisture.
Freezing Roasted Chickpeas
- Store them in a freezer bag.
- Store in a container with a tight lid to avoid getting in contact with the moisture or element in the freezer.
- Do not store close to other food with a strong odor.
- Place in the freezer to avoid getting insects in them and for longer storage.
Roasted chickpeas are one of the best raw blends to come across and
I guess that’s why you need the answer to the question ” how long do roasted chickpeas last in the fridge ”
Keep in mind that how long they will last depends on the storage method you adopt, you can read through this post again to clear your doubts.
However, for healthy eating, I suggest you consult more websites to know the health benefits of this great snack.